Welcome to PowerBoardFanatics.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the power board community.

DTV Shredder passes EPA test - Official NA sales announcement soon

Discussion in 'DTV Shredder General Discussion' started by Tim, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Tim

Tim Owner/Admin Staff Member

BPG-Shredder-engine.jpg

After years of waiting from enthusiasts and years of hard work by BPG Werks the Shredder engine has passed EPA certification. The EPA certification has been the major hold up keeping you and me from owning a DTV Shredder. Basically without this certification in hand BPG couldn't sell the Shredder without facing massive fines. It is incredibly good news as it was a major engineering challenge to pass the test (more below). Now that the certification is in hand @Benjamin Gulak and BPG Werks will be making an official announcement soon with details on how pre-order customers can get their Shredders as well as where you'll be able to buy one retail.

Why the EPA certification was so hard
    In the beginning the Shredder prototypes were basically powered by lightly modified lawnmower engines. As Shredder development increased the need for more power and custom engine parts became apparent The production engine is a high performance system with innovative features you won't find anywhere else.
    • 14 Horsepower with optional 20hp high performance engine kit
    • 208 CC, 4 cycle, single cylinder engine
    • Forged crankshaft and billet connecting rods
    • Electronically controlled carburetor
    • Forced oil lubrication with oil cooler and filter
    • Push button start with pull start backup
    • Hindle Exhaust system with catalytic converter
    With all this custom design BPG basically had built their own engine, as a result that engine had to conform to the EPA and CARB regulations. This process requires a grueling amount of bench testing and paperwork which has further delayed the Shredder release. Now that BPG has passed the tests they can legally sell the Shredders. Stay tuned for an official announcement from Ben with more details.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  2. Claudio

Claudio New Member

Ben and BPG have failed to perform to all the US Distributors they contracted with over 4 years ago based on the promise that the shredder was ready to enter the us. Ben and BPG received cash for units they never delivered and now they do not even acknowledge the money received, thus are not even willing to return the money received. This guy and this company made fraudulent representations and if you want to play it safe do not even consider buying or pre ordering one of these. Soon they will be sued by several us distributors and will be held accountable for their fraudulent acts.

3. Cayce Lyles

Cayce Lyles New Member

Damn. Wish I would have known this before I ordered mine. Time to find an attorney