Welcome to PowerBoardFanatics.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the power board community.

DTV Shredder: X-Games Riding - Snow & Elevation

Discussion in 'DTV Shredder General Discussion' started by Benjamin Gulak, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Benjamin Gulak

Benjamin Gulak BPG Founder

Hi Everybody,

I wanted to give a short little update on a recent test we did in some deep powder snow. Over the weekend, we attended the Winter X-Games in Aspen. It’s the first time I’ve had a chance to test one of our 20hp Shredder at 8,000 ft altitude with our most recent snow kits. While there, Winter Storm Kayla hit and there was no shortage of fresh powder.

Here’s a short clip of some go-pro footage from one of the rides.

The 20hp Engine combined with the snow kit did fantastic in the deep snow. It didn’t get bogged down at all and as you can see in the clip, was able to keep a pretty good clip while ploughing through some deep drifts.

When our next batch of units starts being assembled and the Dellorto Electronic Carb System is installed, the unit will do even better by compensating automatically for the changes in elevation.

Overall, really good performance and a lot of fun to blast around the X-Games on. I don’t actually get to ride the Shredders as often as I’d like to so having one for the weekend was a blast.

While there, I also met with Joe Duncan, founder of TerraCross Racing and X-Games Exec, who is helping us set up our own ShredderX race series in partnership with TerraCross. Our vision is to have the ShredderX races at every TerraCross event in 2016 as we start to roll out our US Launch.

Picture: Joe Duncan, Cory Davis & Heath Frisby

If anyone has any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Ben

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  2. Mohammed Al-Qahtani

Mohammed Al-Qahtani New Member

Hello Ben, is the snow kit you mentioned the same as the sand kit? I recently rode one of the 20hp Shredders with a sandpit on the dunes and it worked very well!

3. Benjamin Gulak

Benjamin Gulak BPG Founder

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Where did you ride the Shredder? We recently shipped a container of 20hp engines to our dealer in Saudi (Jawed Motors). I believe that the 20hp engine kit is the perfect power plant for the Shredder in the soft sand that you guys have.

Yes the snow kit is the same as the sand kit. We've found that both sand and snow affect the Shredder very similarly.

Lastly, I believe that Mr. Turbo UAE in Dubai is going to become our newest dealer in Dubai. Are you familiar with the shop?

Thanks

Ben

4. Hover Force UK

Hover Force UK New Member

It also works really well in wet and muddy terrain during prolonged use keeping the tracks and transmission from the worst. Also check out the snorkel which works great.

Attached Files: