Welcome to PowerBoardFanatics.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the power board community.

Scarpar 2015 update

Discussion in 'Scarpar Power Board Forum' started by Tim, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Tim

Tim Owner/Admin Staff Member

Scarpar-update-fall-2015.jpg

Scarpar, the dual track, electric Powerboard from down under continues to be developed and improved in stealth mode. With 100% radio silence for first half of 2015 there was several major announcements in the second half. The good news is that Scarpar continues to update their design to make sure it is the best product possible when it goes on sale. The bad news is that it means more waiting while the engineering work is completed.

The powerboard pictured above was a prototype that was tested extensively by the Scarpar team. The tests were harder then expected and resulted in overheating, track performance issues, and steering system limitations all coming to light. This has sent the project back to the drawing board with an entirely new engineering team from a huge Chinese based manufacturer company.

This unnamed company has taken a partnership roll in Scarpar so you know they're committed to bringing the powerboard to market. Improvements to the product include higher voltage motors (80v up from 48v), open track structure (like a tank) for self clearing of dirt and rocks, new Kevlar and carbon fiber tracks, new steering system, improved efficiency, and significant weight savings. That is a big list of improvements that will ensure the Scarpar powerboard is as bad ass as Dan Baldwin intended.

Now the big question, when can we get this under foot? The latest time frame from Andrew Fern, Scarpar's CEO, sets the release at October 2016! Not exactly soon, which is a huge disappointment after years of waiting already. The good news is that if you've pre-ordered your Scarpar (comment below if you have) then you're getting the price locked in at the time of pre-order. Stay tuned for more updates, there should be plenty coming in the next year as we close in on the release date.

2. Alex

Alex New Member

Deposits been down since the start. Still in contact with Andrew and pretty excited about how things are developing.

Hi, I'm Alex by the way.

Lucky for me I only live a stone throw away from Scarpar hq (relatively speaking, as I'm also Australian) so I've had the chance to actually catch up with Andrew a while back and go over some of the details with him.
    Since then, the biggest challenges they've tackled have been the tracks, steering, and maybe the most important being design of the hand peice!(which seems still a secret).
    So far the tracks have had huge improvements to deal with particle ingress and the steering has been improved to make it smoother and more obedient, which is important when youve got that much power at your command, a long with other improvements and fixes stated in Tim's post.

The short, Andrew has made it quite clear when speaking to him that Q4 2016 is a top priority.
    It has been many years, and many developments in the making but with the partnering with EDAG and also a large manufacturer In China it has meant that some real engineering and production powers have been able to be brought to play on this and it's made all the difference.

Of course, it's all great talk until we see a real life product off the showroom floor and into some dirt. But I thought I'd say g'day and let those who are interested have some insight from an unofficial source.

Cheers,
    Alex

3. Tim

Hi Alex! Thanks for sharing, any other details you can add is appreciated. Have you had a chance to ride any of the prototypes?

4. Alex

Alex New Member

Hi Tim, unfortunately I haven't had my toes on one yet! Pretty keen to get on one that's for sure.
    They say electric cars and bikes give you the "e.v grin" because of the torque, so I'm just imagining that combined with the grin from board riding and it sounds like a pretty swell combo.

I'll check back in by June with an update if nothing has happened before then.

5. Tim

Thanks for keeping us updated! I'd love to get Andrew on the site as well, mention it to him if you get a chance.

Tim

6. Alex

Alex New Member

Well it's June. I put a reminder in my phone so I didn't forget!

I've been in contact with Andrew and we will have more news come July. I don't have too much else to report but there's a few hints that I'm pretty excited about.
    I'm sure he's keen to drop in, I'll mention it when I email him next.
    After all the changes, design obstacles and testing over the past year or two I feel he's wanting to make sure he has something real and tangible before he gets you excited about it, and I feel we may be getting that soon.

Will post back in July. Keep boarding!

Alex

7. Tim

Thanks for keeping us updated Alex!

8. Alex

Alex New Member

Well it's July... Barely.

I have seen some updated pics and I can tell you that you'll definitely like it!
    There's been a bit of an update since the original pic at the top of this thread,
    And when I saw it I felt it instantly looked more natural.

...Unfortunately I'm not allowed to say much else just yet, but I want to at least let you know what I can when I hear news!

Will check back in end of August, hopefully we will have an official update then.